The deadline for entries to the Data Storytelling Challenge is 26th January 2018. Once you've read the information on the portal, including the full competition terms and conditions, there is a simple process to follow to take on the challenge:
How to enter
To enter the Data Storytelling Challenge:
- Register your interest in the competition using the banner at the bottom of every page on this portal.
- When you have registered, we will send you a link to download the competition data set, and information on what to prepare and how to submit your completed entry.
- We will also invite you to join a webinar on the competition taking place on 7th December 2017.
- Before the competition closes on 26th January 2018, you must submit your completed entry form.
- Once you have submitted your entry form, we will send you instructions for uploading your visualisation and presentation as part of your entry.
What you'll need to submit with your completed entry
- An interactive visualisation which presents the status, situations and results from the SCAF scenario data set provided. This can either be in the form of an image, a video, or a piece of software (the latter subject to licensing rights - see T&Cs). It does not need to be a fully-realised platform, but should be developed enough to enable further exploration of the data, in line with the judging criteria.
- A short presentation (of no more than 20 slides) to accompany your visualisation, which describes how you addressed the problem, and gives full details of any tools you used.
What happens next?
After the competition closes on 26th January 2018, the panel will convene to review all of the eligible entries submitted. The highest-scoring entries will be shortlisted, and the individuals or teams responsible will be invited to a celebration event hosted at CFMS in Bristol, at which an overall winner will be announced. We will contact all shortlisted winners by 9th February 2018.
The Internship for the winning individual or team will commence in summer 2018 (date to be confirmed).